Curson Carpentry Limited is a contractor working primarily in the commercial market and areas of the domestic market, and accepts its responsibilities in environmental matters and recognises that good environmental management must be an integral and fundamental part of our business. We recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment in terms of the use of raw materials, emissions to air and water and waste generation.
We are committed to:
– Continual improvement in environmental performance– Preventing pollution– Compliance with all environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to the industry sector in which we operate
It is the policy of Curson Carpentry Limited to:
– Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimising waste, and recycling where possible
– Meet our duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring the safe keeping, sorting, transportation and subsequent recovery or disposal of waste
– Use and implementation of recycled construction materials where appropriate
– Keep transport use to a minimum by implementing vehicle sharing, regularly servicing vehicles to maintain their efficiency and sourcing materials locally to reduce fuel cost
– Work with and encourage suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation
– Keep sites clean and tidy to ensure minimum disturbance to clients, neighbours and environment
Our environmental policy is communicated to all our employees and they receive appropriate training to raise awareness of environmental issues. Delivering our operational plans within this policy will enable Curson Carpentry Limited to develop sustainable practices and deliver meaningful contributions to the quality of our environment.
This policy will be reviewed on an annual basis, or when circumstances or legislation necessitates change. The policy is publicly available to interested parties and it can be obtained on request or found here on our company website.